RE: thank you for letting go (open letter to the past)

14:11

trapped feelings, good intentions,
had no ceiling, now you mention,
that our feelings were invention,
but you freed me from this tension.



RE: thank you for letting go.

I thank you. For making me fear, for forcing me to accept the unacceptable, for granting me the ability to realise the worst can and will happen.

In a sense, you have now made me fearless. I was sheltered, I was worried, I rarely took calculated risks even if the odds were in my favour. I was unsure of us at times, but I played it safe in order to maintain the status quo of our life. I never would have let go, I don't quit and that is just my nature. I grew into a person who would sacrifice it all in order to keep you happy and content in the long run no matter what happened to me. Thank you for releasing me, a person who was designed to push the limits of living, emotionless to his challengers and passionate towards his friends.

On the road, I think just past Paris. A long trip to collate my thoughts on pen and paper.

I cared so much that I forgot who I was. I fell so deep into your dreams that I had no plans except to breathe, and to help you breathe life into all of your dreams. You released me from a life of unsure dependence, fear, jealousy and evolved into one where I remembered who I was, why I push the limits, why I need to get out my comfort zone, thirsty for new knowledge, new experiences and new outlooks.

Despite how it ended, I harbour no ill feelings towards you, for you have helped me in ways you may never know. It was tough at the start. But at the end of the day, you will be remembered as a chapter in my life that unintentionally illustrates how you have made me mentally and physically stronger. One day i'm pretty sure we would both look back on this, and laugh if you haven't already. You may always have a place in my heart...just not the same you once held.

You Might Also Like

0 comments