intro to the exercise schedule

13:06

all day I pray to work hard and inspire,
but when the day ends a different passion is my fire,
a race with myself just to test my desire,
doing this for me, now I pray that I won't tire. 

So, a part of my blog will be the fitness side of life. This is just a post to help familiarise you to the sort of aims, goals, and plans I aspire to achieve. 

I'm not a big dude. By no means am I swole and I know this. However, I am very competitive at sports, and it is that which motivates me to get stronger, and quicker.

Otherwise, I am just a regular guy who goes to the gym in order to get better, 3 to 4 times a week. I loosely watch my diet, but due to time constraints, it lacks compared to those who can meal prep when they need to. In terms of supplements, I take nothing. No protein shake, no creatine, just a banana before a workout and a small prayer to have the strength to keep going. Some say I could develop quicker and recover quicker if I took supplements, but I quite like being as natural as possible for now. 

In a way, the equipment is smiling at me o.o

My Goals:
-Get stronger
-Maintain or get quicker running
-Increase flexibility
-Gain a bit more muscle mass
-Get below 10% body fat and stay there
-Don't get injured 
-Stay happy and mentally strong

My current workout split when not in a tournament:
Sunday - Chest, Leg, core
Monday - Rest
Tuesday - Shoulder, arms, core 
Wednesday - Football/Soccer practice (if cancelled, then gym or solo session at a park or cardio) 
Thursday - Back, small core 
Friday - Basketball scrimmage 
Saturday - Rest 

This is quite tentative and can change routine depending on the availability of equipment at the gym, or if I start feeling unwell. 

My job is a standard office desk job with low physical activity and more of a mental strain. The tough part is finding the motivation after work, realising that physically I am ready, but mentally drained. 

I've been going consistently for around 3 years, and can say there has been noticeable strides in my strength and speed, during aerobic exercises like football and basketball. Funnily enough, I can lift as heavy as possible and not sweat, but the real sweating only starts when I activate my core or cardiovascular exercise. 

Hopefully i'll continue to make strides and get stronger and quicker. Any comments, criticism, or advice is more than welcome! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments